Wednesday, February 2, 2011


"I've found you find strength in your moments of weakness, for once I'm at a peace with myself.  I've been burdened with blame, trapped in the past for too long... I'm moving on."
-Rascal Flatts lyrics from I'm Moving On

Moments of weakness - where not only do you feel weak - but you feel vulnerable, helpless, unguarded, unprotected, exposed, and powerless.  Sometimes you are able to escape these moments, whether it be because of a distraction, a "voice in your head", or just the strength you've built over time.  I've learned to escape these moments quite a bit the last few weeks... but knew it would eventually sneak up on me.  I'm trying not to regret my "moment of weakness", and look at it in a more positive light.  But I'm not going to lie, if I knew the environment/surrounding that made this vulnerable feeling happen - I probably would have avoided it and would have escaped this "moment" from ever happening.  But you live and you learn... and I can't hide and avoid things that I think will make me feel this way.  So I'm looking at my "moment of weakness" as benefit to my advantage.  After this "moment of weakness", there were tears of course, because
1) I felt that I had broken down the guard I've been trying to build;  
2) Started to have disbelief in myself and my strength; and
3) Desperately wanted take EVERYTHING back. 
But when I woke up this morning, I felt different than I have the last couple weeks.  I'm still trying to pinpoint my feelings/emotions that I'm feeling.  This "moment of weakness"  - besides feeling stupid and pathetic in the middle of it - I believe it has brought me the feeling of closure, the reassurance, the motivation and the strength that I know I didn't have before.  I may actually be a little excited, and have the belief in myself that I know I'm doing the right thing... I'm doing right by ME. For once I feel like I'm putting myself FIRST... and it feels AMAZING.

I believe in every quote that I post... and most of them I feel.  But this one hit me today...

Because I know, and I feel... that I'M MOVING ON!!!




No comments: