Monday, February 21, 2011



"Because you need to be in control, you're busy all the time. There are always needy people clustering around you, with multitudes of problems that they can't or won't deal with. You volunteer big fat slabs of time trying to make others happy, even when they've immunized themselves against joy. Eventually, you feel as joyless as the people you're trying to rehab and rescue. You acknowledge that it's a tiresome, thankless bore picking up anothers mess, making excuses for friends who cant make it into work, and accepting blame so that someone else doesn't have to. You start to realize that without you, a number of people you've propped up wouldn't be where they are today. This is the beginning of your transformation from grateful footstool to hot-blooded Queen Elizabeth I.
 
When it dawns on you that others actually believe that you can be replaced, you begin a lifelong toughening-up process. You get smart and start asking for more money, more respect, and more freedom (which, of course, you've earned with triple-digit interest). Your request may not be granted, but your change of consciousness elevates your self-respect and a deepening well of core power. You're a powerful force in the making - and Goddess knows you've paid dearly for this lesson.


You need to feel valued, and until you learn to value yourself, you sell tiny lots of your heart, soul, time, happiness and future in order to win anothers love, attention, loyalty or assistance. Remember, yours is an Earth sign, big on transactions: {If I give you this, then you give me that}."


-Conquer The Cosmos: Use The Power Of Astrology To Attract The Man Money And Happiness You Deserve
by Bridgett Walther 

Having to have control all the time is something that I'm currently working on.  I realized I needed to work on that when I started to panic at certain things, that I shouldn't panic about... I can't be in control of EVERYTHING... and this is where I'm taking a step back and letting God take control of what he has planned.  I'm also working on saying "no", and convincing myself that not EVERYONE NEEDS me.  Don't get me wrong... I LOVE helping people, it's what I do best.  And that's why I have so many people in my life who come to me for help... I listen, I give advice when I can, I help when needed, I'm there to lend a shoulder or a hand... but lately I feel that other peoples problems plus my own... it's getting to be too much, and the added stress is unnecessary (reason why the FB account was deleted).  I was spending too much time caring/reading about people's drama, people that aren't in my day-to-day life, so why care?

I do feel that my eyes were opened a little more with everything life has thrown my way the last couple months.  I've built up that "self-respect", and believe that I deserve better in life.  So the "toughening process" is definitely in transition... And unfortunately there are some people in my life that don't "value" me as much as they should, and if they do... they don't show it!  But it does make me second guess my "worth", my "value".  I had a close friend of mine tell me not too long ago, that I need to love myself.  And as soon as I love myself then I will have a better understanding of what I deserve.  He told me that I need time to "do me", get to know myself better and figure out what/who I am.  (Which I've been trying to do...).  But when I read this segment in this book, it was a reminder of what he said.  Until I learn to value myself... I'm going to give some of my heart to this person, some of my time to this person, and my happiness over there to that person... just so I can receive love in return, receive the attention I want....Uggh! As weak and needy as that sounds... It's embarrassingly true.  But I'm currently in transition... coming to the terms of how I look at myself, and how I value myself... I know any person would be lucky to have me in their life, but I'm not 100% convinced just yet... I'm a work in progess.

No comments: