Sunday, January 2, 2011


"The weight of the world tries to hold us down. Cut the strings and let me go... I'm weightless."
-Natasha Bedingfiled lyrics from Weightless

I'm not a music guru, but I analyze songs without even knowing it. I'm one of those girls to who tries to relate herself to every song she hears... (as annoying as it may be). Sometimes I think - this is totally my song, it's exactly how I feel, or what I'm going through. Sometimes I relate it to other things happening in my life, whether it be about something a friend may go through, or a family member. Sometimes... I can't relate to it at all, and I just like the song... for example: "I Kissed a Girl and I Liked It." That was one that I COULD NOT relate too... but at the time it came out, was a total fav. lol You will probably see a majority of my quotes may be lyrics... but they're going to be the ones that stand out to me (may apply to me or they may not).

This lyric by Natasha Bedingfield stood out to me. The feeling of being held down and held back by the unknown... is a difficult thing to comprehend. Some of you may know the feeling... it's actually one that I've been feeling for awhile. But as soon as the strings are cut... whether it be a new path in my career, letting go of a relationship, moving out of my parent's house, or letting go of myself and taking a chance on something new... I know in the end - I'll be fine, I'll be okay, I'll be me... weightless.