Friday, January 28, 2011


"I know my heart will never be the same, but I'm telling myself I'll be okay.
Even on my weakest days.... I get a little bit stronger."
-Sara Evans lyrics for A Little Bit Stronger


I understand that we all have different obstacles in life.  I'm not talking about every day obstacles... like what to wear, or what drink we should order at Starbucks, or what we're doing after work.  I'm talking about those life changing obstacles... the obstacles that build character, the ones that build you into the person you were meant to be.  The ones that you either turn around and run from, or the ones you look straight in the face and say.. "bring it on."

It's amazing how fast these things can happen.  How fast your life can change, present and future. Whether it be finding out your mother is diagnosed with  breast cancer, whether it be a death of someone you were close to, whether it be the health of your grandparents or even your health in question, whether it be family moving to another state, whether it be a small little fight with friends, or an ending to a friendship/relationship.

Sometimes these obstacles break you.  Sometimes you have to hide behind a smile and pretend you're okay.  Sometimes you have to hide the tears until you're alone and cry yourself to sleep. Sometimes you feel like if you don't show you care, that people may believe you.  Sometimes you'll feel lost, but you don't want to say it out loud.  Sometimes you'll feel weak, but you don't want to admit it.  Sometimes you have to pretend that everything is peachy to stay strong for other people, when inside.. you're hurting.. or numb.

But most of the time, after facing these obstacles... you're a better version of what you were.  Some come out stronger, smarter, wiser, happier, or in some cases... healthier.  But to get there... you are going to have those days.  The days you want to take everything back.  The days you feel like giving up the fight.  The days you sit there and wish you can go back, wishing you should have said or done something different.  The days your cry yourself to sleep cause you feel like you can't go through it another day.  The days you stare at the phone, cause you miss being able to make that phone call.  The days you miss being able to spend time with certain people.  The days you miss the crazy laughs, crazy times, crazy conversations.

Some obstacles are out of your control. 
Some obstacles you have complete control. 

My obstacles that I'm faced with today... I don't really have much control in.  I do, but I don't.  Confusing?  Yes.  Lets say with how things are now, I can't do anything different than what I'm doing. Yea, it's hard, sometimes it hurts...
But I've said this many times this week... "It's life". 

Your heart may not be the same during/after these obstacles. Your life may not be the same. You may not be the same. But I honestly believe things will work out. You will be okay. Everything happens for a reason. Just believe that as each day passes, that's another day you got through. And as each day passes, you get stronger and stronger - whether it be emotionally, physically, or psychologically.

I feel exactly what my quote says and truly believe it...

"I know my heart will never be the same, but I'm telling myself I'll be okay. 
Even on my weakest days... I get a little bit stronger."


1 comment:

Eldridge McFadden said...

(((Biiiiggggg HHHHHHhhhhhuggggggg))))